Sunday, January 13, 2013

Why "Popcorn Movie Nights"?

You'd think with three kids all 3 yrs old and under, I'd be crazy to start a new major project, right?  I mean, it's not enough that I co-own a video production company, tackle the HUGE job of renovating a 155 yr old home, and parent three kids.  I might as well start blogging!  I mean, I have all the time in the world to start a blog!  No problem!

Well, bare with me!  I'm going to try this blogging thing...

I want to document our life.  If I don't start writing things down here, I might lose track of this beautiful mess that I call my life now that it seems to be on hyper speed.  Might as well take all of you on this ride with me.

I warn you, it gets a bit hectic.

That's why I named my blog, Popcorn Movie Nights.  This is one of the only things that my family can do to relax.  It's rush, rush, rush all day and even into the wee morning hours! Once in a blue moon, we will have a night where everything stops.  Stephen will pull out the $1 popcorn popper that we found at Goodwill, I'll get the kids into their PJs, grab the blankets, and then the kids will run into the kitchen to help daddy make the popcorn.  What fun to watch them on their tippy toes waiting in anticipation for the first kernels of popcorn to fly out as they jump in surprise and squeal with laughter!  We will then get comfy on the couch while the movie is starting (usually a Disney classic).  Now that is my kind of movie night!  The laundry waits, the video projects are put on hold.  Time stops and we relax for 90 minutes before bed time.

This is my life.  It's crazy, but I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...